I love reading, don’t you? I want people to read my work, but I also understand that not everyone can buy every story they’re interested in, right when they want to read it. So I’m committed to regularly sharing original short fiction here on my site. Everything on this page is guaranteed to be online now and free to read. I’ve collected the links below, with word counts and brief descriptions so you know what you’re getting into.
Please comment on anything you enjoyed – it helps me know what you’d like to see more of.
- “Annabelle Tree” – A weird girl, a tornado, and holding on to what you love most. 2300 words.
Flash Fiction (under 1500 words)
- “A Revised History of Earth” – A vignette about meeting a new friend while saying goodbye. 1050 words.
- “Breakfast on the Moon” – Waking up alone isn’t the worst thing in the world. 1350 words.
- “Diplomatic Relations With Angry Rabbits” – basically Night of the Lepus fan fiction. 1200 words.
- “Notes On My Recent Job Interview With Your Firm” – First-person, epistolary, weird but funny. 1100 words.
- “A Different League” – Modern detective story set in Ithaca, NY. 750 words.
- “Mrs. Lesley Vs the Tick” – A different kind of scout troop attempts a dangerous merit badge. 1250 words.
- “The Scent of Food is Memory and Love” – An astronaut and her wife cook dinner for some very special guests. 1360 words.
Want more? A frequently-updated list of my professionally published work is collected on this page. Many of those stories are online and are often free to read at the publisher’s site.
If you want to help fund future stories or buy me something useful from my Am*zon wish list (usually books and art supplies) you can use these links:
As always, thank you for reading.
Everything here is © Carrie Cuinn, 2011-2020. May not be reproduced or adapted without written permission of the author. Any questions? Contact me! I’m always happy to help.